Send us your best photos taken with your cell phone!
• Read also: Your best photos taken with your phone
Each week, a winner will win a $ 150 Gosselin gift card and will be interviewed on the show Quebec morning on the airwaves of LCN. At the end of the contest, one big winner will win a photo set valued at $ 1,578.
To participate in the competition In your cell phone eye, Appointment HERE.
Redmi K40 series will come with more than one smartphone variant powered by the Snapdragon 888 SoC, a Xiaomi executive has tipped. The development was shared by Redmi Product Director Wang Teng Thomas on Weibo but without clearly naming the Redmi K40 series. The Redmi K40 has been teased by the company to launch in February with the Snapdragon 888 SoC. It is possible that the phone comes alongside another Redmi K40 series phone powered by the same SoC. The exact date for the Redmi K40 series launch has not been revealed yet.
Redmi Product Director Wang Teng Thomas, in a reply to Redmi General Manager Lu Weibing’s post on Weibo, said that there is more than one phone coming with the Snapdragon 888 SoC. Weibing’s original post did not share any details about the upcoming series but came with the hashtag ‘K40′, which suggests that Thomas was also talking about a Redmi K40 series phone. Neither of the posts say anything else about the Redmi K40 series.
Last week, Weibing confirmed that the Redmi K40 will be powered by the Snapdragon 888 SoC and that it will release next month. It was also revealed that the phone will start at CNY 2,999 (roughly Rs. 34,000) making it one of the most affordable Snapdragon 888-powered phones.
The Redmi K40 has been in the news for quite some time now and has been the subject of many rumours, leaks, and listings on certification websites. The phone is said to support 33W fast charging. Last month, the Redmi K40 was tipped to feature a hole-punch cut out for the selfie camera instead of a pop-up camera design.
Alleged live images of the Redmi K40 were also recently shared by a tipster on Weibo that showed a front panel with a hole-punch cut out, a quad rear camera setup, and a USB Type-C port alongside a 3.5mm headphone jack at the bottom.
A leak from back in June, 2020 suggested that the Redmi K40 could be powered by the MediaTek Dimensity 1000+ SoC which could still be true for one or more variants in the series.
As of now, Xiaomi has not confirmed the specifications of the Redmi K40, except for its SoC, but details will most likely be shared in the coming weeks as we move closer to the February launch.
As virtual programs have become the new educational normal as a result of the pandemic, some students whose families are struggling financially still have problems accessing the Internet, which could delay their performance in school.
The New York Public Library (NYPL) is offering an alternative through a service called “StoryLine”, that allows you to listen for free stories by phone, in a traditional way, without the need for the Internet.
Anyone can access the stories read by expert librarians. Just have to dial 917-ASK-NYPL (917-275-6975) and choose option 6.
Every Monday there will be a new story available in three languages: English, Spanish and Mandarin. Library officials say the service not only encourages children to keep reading, it also helps them explore your imagination.
Additionally, although there is no set date for the reopening, the NYPL library network also continues to offer “take out” service at 50 of its 92 locations in the Bronx, Manhattan and Staten Island. Due to the financial impacts of COVID-19, the library has also removed all fines and due dates on returning materials. Pix11.
When classrooms closed in mid-March, School Chancellor Richard Carranza acknowledged that around 300 thousand poor students in the city did not have the necessary devices, such as computers, tablets or high-speed internet access, or not even a space to connect, since they live in shelters. NYC is home to the largest school population in the US.
Jio Phone users no longer have the Rs. 153 prepaid recharge plan that used to provide 1.5GB high-speed data benefit on a daily basis for 28 days. The Rs. 153 plan was introduced back in July 2017 and received an update in February 2018 — alongside the arrival of the Rs. 49 prepaid plan. It also provided unlimited voice calling and 100 SMS messages per day to Jio Phone users. The new change comes just days after Jio ditched charges on off-net domestic voice calls that it imposed as a result of the Interconnect Usage Charges (IUC) last year.
The Jio site is reflecting the removal of the Rs. 153 prepaid recharge plan. With the latest update, Jio Phone users have the Rs. 185, Rs. 155, Rs. 125, and the Rs. 75 as the four recharge plans to choose from.
Jio is offering the Rs. 155 prepaid recharge plan as the closest option to the Rs. 153 plan. However, the former brings 1GB high-speed data per day, that is unlike the latter that included 1.5GB daily data allocation.
Details available on Web archives suggest that the Rs. 153 prepaid recharge plan existed at least until December 31. Some news outlets reported that alongside the Rs. 153 plan, Jio has removed the Rs. 99, Rs. 297, and Rs. 594 prepaid recharge plans. However, that isn’t apparently the case as those plans aren’t visible on Web archives at least until November 2019.
Gadgets 360 has reached out to Jio for clarity on the removal and will update this report when the company responds.
At the beginning of this month, Jio started offering free voice calls to other networks again — after ditching its earlier off-net call charges at 6 paise per minute. That move came as a result of the Bill and Keep regime that the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has implemented since January 1.
What will be the most exciting tech launch of 2021? We discussed this on Orbital, our weekly technology podcast, which you can subscribe to via Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS, download the episode, or just hit the play button below.
Echoing a theme that will be repeated a lot more this year, Samsung has announced a very inexpensive 5G phone. The Galaxy A32 5G is debuting in Europe first, starting at €279 for a 64GB version or €299 for 128GB. There’s no official word yet on whether it will come to the US.
The A32 5G offers a 6.5-inch 1600 x 900 display, a 5,000mAh battery, and a side-mounted fingerprint reader. Its rear camera array includes a 48-megapixel main camera, an 8-megapixel ultrawide, a 2-megapixel depth-sensing camera, and the obligatory 5-megapixel macro camera. Around front, it offers a 13-megapixel selfie camera.
Samsung doesn’t say what processor the phone is using, only that it’s a 2.0GHz octa-core chipset, but 9to5Google suspects it’s a Dimensity 720. And unlike the flagship phones debuting today, the A32 5G will offer a microSD card slot for storage expansion. Samsung Germany says the phone will be available starting on February 12th. Color options include (get ready for it) “awesome black,” “awesome white,” “awesome blue,” and “awesome violet.”
2021 should see no shortage of affordable 5G phones. We’ve already reviewed the OnePlus Nord N10 5G, which just came to the US for $299. The arrival of Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 480 5G chip also paves the way for even cheaper, sub-$200 devices. We’d still like to remind you that 5G alone isn’t a good reason to buy a new phone, but it’s getting more and more likely that any new phone you consider this year will offer 5G, regardless.
The dream of using your phone to unlock your car door (instead of carrying around a bulging key fob) may be one step closer today: Samsung has announced partnerships with Audi, BMW, Ford, and Genesis to do just that, saying the feature may be available as soon as August 2021. And excitingly, those digital car keys should work with Apple iPhones and across other Android brands, too.
That’s because Samsung is part of multiple standards bodies that are working on the tech, including the Car Connectivity Consortium and the FiRa Consortium, of which Apple is also a leading member. “You’ll even be able to share your digital key across smartphones, regardless of brand or platform,” Samsung’s Kevin Chung announced during the company’s Galaxy S21 event today.
Unfortunately, it’s not yet clear which automakers will support the coolest, securest version of this tech: UWB. It uses small, standardized beacon-like pulses of low-power energy, preferably from multiple parts of your car at once, to figure out exactly where you are in relation to your car’s handle from a sizable distance away.
Samsung says with the new digital keys, “you’ll be able to unlock your car door when you reach it, no sooner, no later,” but I’m pretty sure it’s only referring to UWB there. The fallback is NFC, where you’d likely need to pull your phone out and tap it to your car, like you do with tap-to-pay NFC transactions today.
Samsung also showed off how the tech can let you find your car in a crowded parking lot, with an augmented reality viewfinder it says it’s bringing to Samsung phones — but the fine print says it only works with UWB-equipped cars and UWB-enabled phones.
Every iPhone 11 and iPhone 12 comes with UWB now, but Samsung says only the Galaxy Z Fold 2, the new S21 Plus and S21 Ultra (so, not the S21?), and the “Galaxy Note 20+” (presumably referring to the Note 20 Ultra, which has UWB) will support the AR viewfinder.
Apple is also waiting for carmakers to adopt UWB and had to roll out its own version of digital car keys with NFC to start, and only on the 2021 BMW 5 Series. But BMW announced earlier today that it’ll support UWB, branded as “Digital Key Plus,” with the electric BMW iX.
Samsung’s also introducing a UWB-based tracking tag for finding your lost gadgets later this year, though — like the car keys — it’s starting off with a less impressive Bluetooth version instead that won’t let you locate them as precisely.
Send us your best photos taken with your cell phone!
Each week, a winner will win a $ 150 Gosselin gift card and will be interviewed on the show Quebec Morning on the airwaves of LCN. At the end of the contest, one big winner will win a photo set valued at $ 1,578.
To participate in the In the Eye of Your Cellular contest, Appointment HERE.
Here are your best photos of the week:
Wednesday January 13, 2020
Catalin Croitoru (Greenfield Park)
Alexis Bolduc (Courcelles)
Gino Messier (Montreal)
Stéphanie Boulerice (L’Assomption)
Yasmine Duchesne (Sherbrooke)
Pascale Sylvestre (Terrebonne)
Jean-Bernard Paris (Petite-Rivière-Saint-François)
LG teased its Rollable phone yesterday at the Consumer Electronics Show, and now the company is confirming it’s a real product that will be available in 2021. The LG Rollable has what the company calls a “unique resizable screen” that extends from a phone into a small tablet display. The screen slides in and out of place to provide a bigger screen area.
“Our management wanted to show that it is a real product, as there were many rumors around the rollable phone,” says an LG spokesperson in a statement to Nikkei. “As it is released at CES 2021, I can tell that it will be launched this year.”
Nikkei also reports that LG is working with China’s BOE Technology Group on the rollable screen technology. LG has not yet confirmed what display tech the Rollable is using, or any details on the different display sizes.
LG first started working on the Rollable as part of the company’s “Explorer Project” experiments. The company has used this project to previously launch its LG Wing smartphone, with a rotating design and two OLED displays.
Now that LG has branded its new LG Rollable phone and confirmed it’s coming to market this year, we’ll likely see a race among phone manufacturers to roll this rollable screen technology out. TCL also demonstrated future phone concepts back in March, and Oppo teased a concept device with an expandable OLED display late last year.
Eleazar Gomez He faces a legal process for the crime of equal family violence, after having physically assaulted his former girlfriend, Stephanie Valenzuela, and for which a new hearing had been scheduled that had to be postponed due to the pandemic, so he will have to continue behind bars until his freedom is defined.
Yanira Diaz, who since last December has wanted to visit his cousin in the prison where he has been for almost two months, explained to the media why they did not let her in to see him and clarified if the actor has certain privileges within the prison such as to use a cell phone to communicate.
“You have already seen me go in and out very quickly, I didn’t have access to anything. I asked to speak to the manager, I think he’s on a tour. From the outset they told me that they don’t think they could give me access, ”explained the actor’s cousin.
On the supposed communication that he maintains with Tefi by means of a telephone to grant him forgiveness, he said: “I have no idea, but I don’t believe, because if I did not have access today, I don’t think I would have the privilege of being able to somewhere or somehow send messages ”.
Obviously, Eleazar’s mother cannot visit him due to his health conditions, his sister, ZoraidaShe just had a baby, so Yanira tried again to pay a visit with all the intention of giving a hug and talking with her cousin, but because she was not a direct relative, she was denied entry again.
“Hopefully next week, we’ll see what continues. I came with all the intention of giving you a hug but for you to realize that I do not have any privileges and they did not give me access today because I was not a direct relative, “ended Yanira Díaz.
It had also been mentioned that Eleazar no longer had money and that the inheritance left by his grandmother, who died a few months ago, was going to be used to pay for the entire process that he is facing and for which he is still waiting when will be the date of the new audience.
ALL THE DETAILS:
Keep reading: This would cost the divorce of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West