Bachelor Nation’s Jade Roper Tolbert recalls ‘dark depression’ after welcoming second child

Bachelor Nation’s Jade Roper Tolbert recalls ‘dark depression’ after welcoming second child… as she ponders having fourth child

The Bachelor #19 alum Jade Roper Tolbert revealed on Monday that she secretly went through a ‘dark depression’ after welcoming her second child, son Brooks, back in 2019.

‘No one would have known it,’ the 34-year-old mother-of-three – who boasts 1.7M social media followers – explained.

‘Each birth also births a new mother, a newborn version of ourselves we are getting to know as well. I’m fumbling through, learning as I go and leaning in as I get to know my baby and the new versions of my children and husband as they evolve and adapt and grow as well. I guess I share the imperfect moments in hopes of reaching across a social platform and sparking a human connection.’  

She explained: 'Each birth also births a new mother, a newborn version of ourselves we are getting to know as well. I'm fumbling through, learning as I go and leaning in as I get to know my baby and the new versions of my children and husband as they evolve and adapt and grow as well'

‘No one would have known it’: The Bachelor #19 alum Jade Roper Tolbert (L) revealed on Monday that she secretly went through a ‘dark depression’ after welcoming her second child, son Brooks (R), back in 2019 (pictured Monday)

Jade wanted her fans to know ‘you can carry both joy and grief together.’

‘That we can feel madly in love with our children, but also like we are carrying broken pieces of ourselves around,’ Roper said.

‘That you can wake up at 7am with gratitude in your heart and still be crying by 8am. I want people to know some days it’s okay to not be okay. That it’s enough if all you did today for yourself was to simply get out of bed and nourish your body.’

Last week, the Mommies Tell All podcaster revealed there was a 75% chance she’d want a fourth child while there’s only a 25% chance her husband Tanner Tolbert wants a fourth. 

'So many factors': Last week,  the 34-year-old mother-of-three revealed there was a 75% chance she'd want a fourth child while there's only a 25% chance her husband Tanner Tolbert wants a fourth

‘So many factors’: Last week,  the 34-year-old mother-of-three revealed there was a 75% chance she’d want a fourth child while there’s only a 25% chance her husband Tanner Tolbert wants a fourth

'True!' During the Instagram Q&A, Jade said she'd be interested in being a surrogate for a childless mother 'if it was the right timing'

‘True!’ During the Instagram Q&A, Jade said she’d be interested in being a surrogate for a childless mother ‘if it was the right timing’

December 24 family portrait: Roper and the Missouri-born 33-year-old share three children - daughter Emerson Avery, 3; son Brooks Easton, 18 months; and son Reed Harrison, 2 months

December 24 family portrait: Roper and the Missouri-born 33-year-old share three children – daughter Emerson Avery, 3; son Brooks Easton, 18 months; and son Reed Harrison, 2 months

‘So many factors going into whether or not we’d have a fourth though,’ Jade noted.

During the Instagram Q&A, Roper said she’d be interested in being a surrogate for a childless mother ‘if it was the right timing.’

The Colorado-born, Nebraska-raised influencer and the Missouri-born 33-year-old share three children – daughter Emerson Avery, 3; son Brooks Easton, 18 months; and son Reed Harrison, 2 months.

On Monday morning, Jade returned to their San Juan Capistrano home to discover that Tanner had given their son Brooks a mullet haircut without consulting her.  

'Good thing I wasn't home!' On Monday morning, the Mommies Tell All podcaster returned to their San Juan Capistrano home to discover that Tanner had given their son Brooks a mullet haircut without consulting her

‘Good thing I wasn’t home!’ On Monday morning, the Mommies Tell All podcaster returned to their San Juan Capistrano home to discover that Tanner had given their son Brooks a mullet haircut without consulting her 

Jade wrote: 'Mullet boy. Kinda want to laugh, definitely want to cry, hahaha!'

She filmed her son's haircut from all angles in the Instastory

Jade wrote: ‘Mullet boy. Kinda want to laugh, definitely want to cry, hahaha!’

‘Oh my god. Good thing I wasn’t home when this was happening LOL!’ Roper exclaimed.

‘Mullet boy. Kinda want to laugh, definitely want to cry, hahaha!’

The Tolberts – celebrating their fifth wedding anniversary on January 24 – originally met in 2015 when they won the second season of ABC’s The Bachelor in Paradise with two other couples.

Celebrating their fifth wedding anniversary on January 24! The Tolberts originally met in 2015 when they won the second season of ABC's The Bachelor in Paradise with two other couples

Celebrating their fifth wedding anniversary on January 24! The Tolberts originally met in 2015 when they won the second season of ABC’s The Bachelor in Paradise with two other couples

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *