The upcoming Jurassic World threequel has been thrown in to chaos as film star Chris Pratt has allegedly refused to fly to Malta to for filming due to coronavirus concerns.
The 41-year-old Hollywood star – who became a father for the second time earlier this month – is said to be leading a revolt over an alleged behind-the-scenes outbreak of the deadly Covid-19 virus on the set of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.
The monster movie had begun filming in the UK back in February, but was put on pause due to the coronavirus pandemic the following month.
Producers took steps to recommence filming last month by introducing major health and safety measures including daily temperature checks of all cast and crew, providing Covid-19 tests, and introducing extra cleaning drills.
Filming is reportedly supposed to take place on Malta – which has seen a spike in coronavirus cases in recent days, with the UK travel corridor with the country revoked on 13 August.
The Mail on Sunday reports Chris – who plays dinosaur trainer Owen Grady in the action sci-fi series – is leading a cast and crew revolt over filming on the Mediterranean island.
A source told the publication: “There have been some cases of Covid among the behind-the-camera staff following an outbreak in Malta.
“Chris thinks the sensible thing is to not get on the plane to go there.”
The Mail on Sunday also claim: “he is refusing to fly out there and is telling others on the film that it’s not safe.”
The third Jurassic World film is set to unite cast of the original film trilogy with those in the current blockbuster run.
Original stars Sam Neill, Laura Dern and Jeff Goldblum are set to reprise their roles from the 1993 Jurassic Park film in the upcoming blockbuster alongside Chris and co-star Bryce Dallas Howard.
Despite filming delays, the monster movie is set for release on 11 June 2021.
Jurassic World: Dominion was one of the first films to announce cast and crew would be going back to work after months of Hollywood being closed down in light of the ongoing Covid global health crisis.
Movie bosses announced back in early June that cameras would recommence filming from 6 July with extra health and safety measures in place.
It was reported the film had completed four out of twenty weeks of filming when cameras were forced to halt back in March.