The best way to teach children good eating habits is to eat together as a family. When they eat with adults, children learn to like healthy food. If children eat healthy food then they can also help in maintaining a healthy lifestyle even when they grow up.
It is important to teach your children good eating habits, as it can help them to get healthy weight and normal growth. If children eat healthy food then they can also help in maintaining a healthy lifestyle even when they grow up. The best way to teach good eating habits to children is to eat together as a family. When they eat food with the elders, the children learn to like healthy food. It is also a way to make them talk with others and teach table manners.
- Creating an eating rule: It is important for to sit together during the meal. Make such a rule. Set a time for every meal. This is not only a good way to teach them the rules of eating, but they can also be healthy by eating food regularly on time.
- Do it yourself first and then teach the children: If you want your child to eat a wedge, then you need to do it yourself first. Let your children learn good eating habits from you. Maintain a good social behavior at the dinner table. Let your children see how you are interacting with each other while having dinner together.
- Let the children choose what they want to eat: Tell the children about what you will and will not do on their demand. Even if they choose only one or two things from the table, it is fine, but do not force them to eat food.
- Encourage the two-bit rule: Children can skip half the food. In doing so, encourage your children to take at least two bytes of food, but do not force them to eat if they do not want to eat even after two bites.
- Helping to cook: When children help you prepare a vegetable, it increases the desire to eat it – experts say if your child has contributed to making food, he is more likely to try it .
- Do not force your children to eat more: they need to eat according to their age and body size. Food and quantity are different for you and your children.