Sex problem FAQs : I was not wet, but still continued having sex. I felt a…

Q : On Tuesday night, my partner and I tried to have sex for the first time. He complained that I was not wet, but still he tried. I felt a lot of pain and stopped him. After that, I experienced no bleeding. But the next day, I saw a couple of drops of blood. From Thursday onwards, I was bleeding properly and had to go through one sanitary napkin a day. The bleeding has not subsided. I feel no pain in my stomach or back. I had visited a doctor; she said my hymen has broken and the bleeding is normal. She has also given me medicine to cure some infection. Six days have passed and I am still bleeding. My periods are yet to come (but delayed periods are the norm for me; it is usually six to seven days late). Does this situation seem normal or should I be concerned? I need your help and advice.

A: I cannot give you any advice without an examination. You will have to follow the advice of the gynaecologist who examines you. It seems that you have an infection, which may be due to broken skin and this will need to be taken care of immediately. Next time use a lubricant, so there is no roughness, and remember to always use a condom.

Q: I am a 45-year-old woman. I have two children. I suspect that I may be attracted to women. Recently, I went on a camp and met a woman and we hit it off instantly. She’s 38 years old. We got along very well. On the last day of our trip, she kissed me on my lips, and I enjoyed it very much. I don’t think my husband gets me the way this woman does. I keep thinking about her and can’t wait to meet her again. Please advise.

A: It has been found that a lot of people possess more sexual flexibility than they ever knew about. A person’s sexual orientation can change at any age. It is not unusual to be attracted to a person of the same sex. Understand why this is happening and if there has been a trigger — try and pinpoint the trigger. You will have to decide for yourself if this is what you want, and if it is possible to have without causing disturbances in the lives of the people concerned. Talk to a counsellor to get more clarity.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *