Lalu Prasad Yadav Pleads Not Guilty In Land-For-Job Case, Says Will Face Trial
RJD chief Rabri Devi and Lalu Prasad Yadav appeared before a special CBI court and denied all charges in the alleged railways land-for-jobs corruption case. The leaders said they will contest the case on merits.
Court Proceedings
The hearing took place at the Special CBI Court in Delhi’s Rouse Avenue Court complex.
They pleaded not guilty to:
- Corruption
- Cheating
- Criminal conspiracy
The court has fixed March 9 for the start of the trial.
What The Case Is About
The case relates to the period 2004-2009, when Lalu Prasad Yadav was the Union Railway Minister.
Investigators allege:
- Railway jobs were given in exchange for land parcels
- Land was transferred to family members and linked companies
- Properties were bought at prices below market value
According to the CBI, the land deals happened across several railway zones in India.
Charges Against Family Members
The court had earlier framed charges against:
- Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Rabri Devi
- Tejashwi Yadav
- Tej Pratap Yadav
- Other associates
Out of 98 accused:
- Charges framed against 46
- 52 discharged
Other Investigations
The Enforcement Directorate is also probing a money-laundering angle linked to land transfers in Patna.
The court rejected the plea seeking discharge, stating the allegations indicate a broader conspiracy linked to public employment.
