Mother accused of negligence for the death of her daughter in Laval

The 7-year-old girl from Laval who was found dead was said to have suffered for days and suffered bodily harm for months, suggests her mother’s indictment, who appeared on Friday.

The 35-year-old woman, who cannot be identified due to a publication ban, was arrested Friday morning by Laval police.

She faces two counts of criminal negligence causing death and assault on the victim.

However, the criminal negligence would have occurred “between December 30, 2020 and January 3, 2021”, the date of death, indicates the act of denunciation.

According to our information, the young victim was found by the emergency services in a dismal condition, with the body mostly covered with burns from boiling water, bruises and a broken arm.

All this therefore suggests that the injuries dated back several days.

“In terms of proof, you will understand that I cannot speak about it, at this stage of the procedures, to protect the ongoing legal process,” indicated the Crown prosecutor in the case, Nektarios Tzortzinas.

Battered girl

But, equally troubling, the period during which the assault allegedly occurred would be “between 1er June 2020 and January 3 ”. We can therefore assume that the little girl was beaten by her own mother for months.

The mother did not say a word during her appearance. The woman of Afghan origin needed an interpreter so that she could follow the proceedings. However, she nodded several times when she heard what was being translated to her.

In the vicinity of the residence where the tragedy occurred, located on rue Le Boutillier, it was still misunderstood Friday, nearly two weeks after the events.

  • Listen to Yves Poirier with the latest details about this case on QUB radio:

Other arrests?

However, several people wondered why only the mother was arrested, and not the father and grandparents, who also lived there.

The crown attorney replied, “This is the evidence we have at this point. “

On the side of the Laval Police Department (SPL), it was not possible to confirm whether further arrests were planned. However, the investigation is still ongoing.

“We are still awaiting the full autopsy report. We have a draft right now. There are other expertises to be made, ”explained Stéphanie Beshara, spokesperson for the SPL.

♦ The mother will return to court on Monday to undergo her release investigation. She remains incarcerated in the meantime.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *