Crispy crusted chicken strips.
Nazish Saba / Pexels
He fried chicken juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside It is the favorite of many. Seeking to follow a slightly healthier diet does not mean that you have to give up your favorite dishes. You can make a version of chicken fillets that turns out delicious, super crunchy and nutritious.
In the crust we will substitute the ground or grated bread, but we will not go for the classic corn flakes, nor will we resort to oats. You can cover your chicken fillets with a crust made of finely chopped walnuts.
What reasons are there to use walnuts? In addition to the crunchy texture and pleasant flavor, walnuts will add more nutrients and health benefits to your plate. Walnuts provide you protein, heart healthy fats, fiber, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants.
There are a number of ways you can make your chicken strips with a walnut coating. Mind Body Green shares one of the simplest, fastest and with few ingredients.
Chicken fillets breaded with walnuts
(For 4 servings)
- 1¼ pounds chicken fillets or breasts cut into strips
- 1¼ cups of walnuts finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon olive oil with garlic
- 1 tablespoon melted ghee or clarified butter
- Preheat oven to 400 ° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a rack on top.
- Place the walnuts on a plate, add the salt, pepper and chives; stir well.
- In another dish with a little depth, combine the melted ghee and olive oil.
- Dip the chicken pieces in the ghee mixture and then in the walnuts. Press the walnuts onto the chicken to help them adhere. Place the chicken on the rack on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 14 to 17 minutes or until topping is crisp and golden.
To accompany these strips you can make a delicious creamy sauce with a spicy touch. The advantage is that it does not have excess sodium or saturated fat, it is really nutritious and healthy: guacamole.
Guacamole recipe from famous Mexican chef Roberto Santibañez:
Perfect classic guacamole
- 1 ripe Hass avocados
- 2 tablespoons white onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of minced chili, serrano or jalapeño
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped, divided
- A splash of lemon juice
1. Grind the onion, chili, salt and half the coriander until you get a paste in a mortar or mortar.
- You can also chop and mash the ingredients on a cutting board with a large knife or fork; and then place the ingredients in a bowl.
2. Place the avocado pulp in the mortar or bowl; mix and add the rest of the cilantro; lightly crush.
3. Season to taste with lemon juice, more chili if desired, and salt.
It may interest you: