How to clean your oven without any harsh chemicals: Professional cleaner wows thousands with her simple three-step process
- Australian professional cleaner Kacie has shared how to clean an oven easily
- The three-step process is simple and doesn’t require any harsh products
- On TikTok Kacie revealed she only used bicarb soda and a scourer pot scrubber
An Australian professional cleaner has shared a three-step method for cleaning the oven without using harsh chemicals.
Kacie, from Melbourne, published a demonstrative video on TikTok and revealed she only used bicarb soda and a kitchen scourer pot scrubber to remove the food stains from the cooking appliance.
The helpful video has since been viewed more than 22,000 times and Kacie has gained a following of 217,000 on the video platform.
Scroll down for video
Kacie (pictured) published a demonstrative video on TikTok and revealed she only used bicarb soda and a kitchen scour pot scrubber to remove the food stains from the cooking appliance
In the video Kacie preheated the oven to soften the grease inside. She sprinkled a generous about of bicarb soda onto the oven door
In the video Kacie preheated the oven to soften the grease inside, but warned to make sure it’s not too hot to avoid being burnt.
She sprinkled a generous about of bicarb soda onto the oven door – which is known to be a natural alternative product to using chemical buys.
Kacie then rinsed the scourer under water for a few seconds before scrubbing on the oven.
Kacie then rinsed the scourer under water for a few seconds before scrubbing on the oven
‘The longer you’ve left it, the longer you’re going to need to scrub; you aren’t getting out of this one easy,’ she said.
Once cleaned the end result will leave the oven looking brand new.
Other budget products that are considered to be natural include vinegar and lemon, as the acidity in both items is known to kill bacteria.
What are some of Kacie’s top cleaning secrets?
* Use a non-scratch sponge with Gumption or Bar Keepers Friend to clean soap scum from a shower screen with ease
* Always use a squeegee to remove water and then ‘polish’ or dry the glass with a microfibre cloth for sparkling results
* For sparkling windows use the $37 Sabco window cleaning kit from Bunnings that comes with a 12.5 litre bucket with a lid and handle. Pair it with a microfibre window washer, stainless steel squeegee and a microfibre cloth for the perfect finish
* Dishwashing liquid and water works very well to clean windows
* The #1 Kmart product for cleaning is the 2 piece pack of microfibre glass cleaning cloths – they are hidden in the car section
This isn’t the first time Kacie has gone viral online, as throughout this year she has also shared videos on how to clean a grubby shower screen and detox the bathroom.
‘If your shower screens have hard water stains or built up soap scum, I would use a non-scratch sponge with either Gumption (which is a paste) or Bar Keepers Friend (which is a powder),’ she said in another video
‘Both of those scrub onto the screen and wash off – as long as the glass isn’t etched, it should come up pretty good.’
Gumption is priced at $5.40 and Bar Keepers Friend costs $8, with both available at Woolworths supermarkets.