Harry Redknapp was devastated as his dog Lulu has died before Christmas.
I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here’s champion shared some loving words about his pooch in a fitting tribute on Instagram on Wednesday.
Harry told fans his “lovely” Lula had died on Sunday morning.
She was 11 and a half years old.
The dad said she would “forever” be in his and his wife Sandra’s hearts.
He wrote: “We are very sad to have lost our lovely Lulu on Sunday morning…
“11 and a half years of love, lots of cuddles and walks (Which was Lulus favourite thing to do) Forever in mine, Sandra’s and Barney’s hearts.”
It comes after Harry opened up about being shaken up when his dog Barney nearly died after eating Christmas cake last year.
The football manager was struck with fear when he discovered Barney had devoured a whole Christmas cake.
The Christmas cake was complete with all the trimmings, including currants which are poisonous to pooches.
In a new interview, Harry urged fellow dog owners to be careful during the Christmas season.
He told The Sun : “Barney’s a bit of a boy, so Barney’s ate the Christmas cake. So we take him to the vet, and they have to pump its stomach, because currants, that would kill them, they would die.
“It would have killed him. So poor Lulu, who hasn’t eaten any, they pumped her stomach just in case she’d ate some, and no one knew, and she hasn’t even done nothing wrong really, but she had to suffer as well.
“A dog is not only for Christmas.
“A dog is for life. Barney was good after that. No more Christmas cake for Barney. Oh, they would kill him, those raisins.”