Pro boxer Floyd Mayweather confirmed his 20-year-old daughter Iyanna is expecting a baby with her rapper boyfriend NBA Youngboy and admitted he wants the ‘best for her’. Here are five things you should know about the mother-to-be.
Iyanna “Yaya” Mayweather, the 20-year-old daughter of boxing legend Floyd Mayweather Jr., is going to be a mother. Her dad revealed the news during an interview with Hollywood Unlocked: Uncensored on Oct. 30, which can be seen below, after rumors started to spread and said he is “happy” for her and the baby-to-be’s father, NBA Young Boy, 21. despite their rocky past. “Always want the best. If that makes her happy, then we’re happy — me and her mother [Melissia Rene Brim] are happy,” he said about the pregnancy.
View this post on Instagram
HU Staff: Kecia Gayle Kecia.Kae Hollywood Unlocked with Jason Lee; Uncensored premiered last night on Fox Soul with guest star Floyd “Money” Mayweather. While speaking with Lee and co-hosts DJ Damage and Blue Telusma, the champ held nothing back. He talked about many things including his successful career and love life but didn’t shy away from any other controversial topic like his daughter‘s pregnancy. ________________________________________________ When asked how he felt about his now-pregnant daughter Iyanna Mayweather dating rapper NBA YoungBoy —who has said a few disrespectful things about him in the past, the boxing star revealed that he simply just wants the best for her: “Always want the best.” Floyd said adding, “If that makes her happy, then we’re happy — me and her mother [Melissia Rene Brim] are happy. What I try not to do is be in her personal business because once she’s no longer under my roof, then you know what? it’s between her and her better half.” As for NBA YoungBoy who previously referred to him as Yaya’s “bitch ass daddy,” it didn’t phase Floyd at all. Here’s what he had to say about that: ___________________________________________________ “Well, my thing is this: it has to do with your upbringing. It starts in the home first, Floyd, 43, explained to Lee. “What I’ve always taught my daughter is this: always be respectful when you’re going to anyone’s home. And whatever goes on in your home, don’t talk about it to the world. As far as NBA… I look at NBA YoungBoy as a child. I can’t get upset with a kid like that.” He went on to say, “It could’ve been one of those days for him.” __________________________________________________ Read more at hollywoodunlocked.com 📸: @foxsoul __________________________________________________ If you have a tip or suggestion, or want to talk to us about this story, Text the word “TIP” to 1-310-388-6463
“What I try not to do is be in her personal business because once she’s no longer under my roof, then you know what? it’s between her and her better half,” he added. Floyd also addressed how the rapper made headlines for calling him Yaya’s “b*tch a** daddy” in an Instagram Live chat, which can be seen below, and admitted he’s not letting it bother him.
“Well, my thing is this: it has to do with your upbringing,” the boxer explained. “It starts in the home first. What I’ve always taught my daughter is this: always be respectful when you’re going to anyone’s home. And whatever goes on in your home, don’t talk about it to the world.”
NBA Youngboy goes off on Kodak Black for saying be cooperated with the police after the arrest of Floyd Mayweather daughter “Yaya” for stabbing his baby moms pic.twitter.com/mnkr2h2LTT
— DJ Akademiks (@Akademiks) April 5, 2020
“As far as NBA… I look at NBA YoungBoy as a child,” he continued. “I can’t get upset with a kid like that. It could’ve been one of those days for him.”
This will be Yaya’s first child and NBA Youngboy’s sixth.
Here are five things you should know about Yaya and her relationship with NBA Youngboy.
1. Iyanna was arrested for allegedly stabbing another woman who was allegedly hanging out with NBA Youngboy in Apr., according to TMZ. A Houston Police Department source also confirmed to HollywoodLife that she was arrested. However, other details were not disclosed since it’s an ongoing investigation. Iyanna was busted on charges of felony aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, sources told TMZ, after she allegedly went to rapper NBA Youngboy‘s house in Houston, Texas around 1:30 A.M. on April 4. Iyanna allegedly confronted a woman who was with him, identified as Lapattra Lashai Jacobs, in the report.
Iyanna claimed she was rapper NBA Youngboy’s fiance and told Lapattra to leave the house, before allegedly charging at her with two knives and stabbing her twice, TMZ reported. When speaking to police following the incident, Iyanna told the cops that she had never met the woman, and was provoked when Lapattra yanked her hair before the alleged stabbing.
2. Iyanna was bonded for $30,000. HollywoodLife confirmed with a source at the Houston Police Department that Floyd’s daughter was arrested and bonded for $30,000 and a court case is reportedly still in process.
3. Youngboy and Lapattra reportedly have a child together. The pair, who were both at the rapper’s house in Texas when Iyanna arrived, have a child together according to the TMZ report. Youngboy has five children in total, including Kayden, Kamron, Taylin and Kamiri, and one he announced was on the way in July 2020.
4. Drake and Future performed at Iyanna’s Sweet 16. Back in 2016, the legendary boxer threw a mega party for his daughter, and had two of the biggest names in the music industry perform: Drake, and Future. Drake sang some of his biggest hits, including “One Dance,” “Energy,” and “Back To Back.” And although this was just a birthday party for kids, Drake didn’t let that stop him from giving his audience an incredible show! The same went for Future as he hit the stage accompanied by DJ Esco who also danced and performed right alongside the rapper.
5. The stabbing incident occurred just weeks after Iyanna’s half-sibling’s mom passed away. Josie Harris, the 40-year-old former long-term partner of Floyd Mayweather Jr., was found dead in Valencia, California, on March 10. The pair shared two sons Koraun Mayweather, 21, and Zion Shamaree Mayweather, 18 — half-siblings to Iyanna.