The growing community is disappointed, but not surprised to learn that the partial containment imposed in areas classified as red zones will continue for another four weeks.
“It’s boring, but it’s no surprise to us. We expected it “, reacted the president of Cinémas Guzzo, Vincent Guzzo, after the press briefing of the Prime Minister, François Legault, Monday in the early evening.
“What also bothers me is that we still don’t know when we’re going to be able to reopen. Mr. Legault said it was until November 23, but he will reassess the situation in two weeks. But we need to find out a few weeks in advance. I cannot have the green light on Monday and open the following Thursday. “
The government’s decision to extend the “28-day challenge” did not surprise anyone in the theater community either:
“There aren’t many people, I think, in the theater community who expected theaters and cultural venues to open on October 29. And even more in the Quebec City region, when we looked at the daily figures above the national average. It doesn’t surprise me at all. I would have fallen out of my chair if I had been told otherwise, ”Marc Gourdeau, general and artistic director of Premier Acte, in Quebec City said on Monday.
As for the RIDEAU organization, a group of professional show presenters, we cannot hide the fact that we are starting to be discouraged:
“We worked for months with public health and the CNESST to make our rooms safe. There, the cases are increasing by 800 and 1000 per day, yet the theaters are closed. Obviously, we are not part of the problem. What was the use of all this upstream work, all these investments and these discussions to finally consider us an environment that is not safe? At each wave, are we going to close? Asks RIDEAU CEO Julie-Anne Richard.