ADISQ’s week got off to a good start for a veteran and a newcomer: Robert Charlebois’s latest show and Mathieu David Gagnon’s instrumental project, Flore Laurentienne, each won two Félix awards at the Industry Gala on Monday.
Those responsible for the design of the lighting and projections of the show Robert en CharleboisScope as well as the staging and scenography team were honored during what is traditionally the first of three ADISQ awards.
For the album Volume 1 Launched under the name Flore Laurentienne, Mathieu David Gagnon, Klô Pelgag’s brother, won the Arrangements of the Year category. The Félix award for sound recording and mixing was also awarded to Volume 1.
Among the other winners, note that the Félix for the show of the year in humor was awarded to Infoman, who preceded Let go 4, Leo 2, Shut up and Like me.
Little pandemic balm for the Montreal International Jazz Festival team, crowned event of the year.
Besides Flore Laurentienne, another newcomer to the music scene, P’tit Belliveau, heard her name when the Félix for best record production was awarded to Emmanuel Éthier and Jonah Guimond for his album. Greatest Hits Vol. 1.
More Félix awards will be presented at the Premier Gala on Wednesday evening. The televised gala will be held on Sunday, November 1, and will once again be hosted by Louis-Jean Houde.
The Félix awards given on Monday
- Entertainment agency: La Tribu
- Arrangements: Mathieu David Gagnon for Volume 1, Flore Laurentienne
- Lighting design and projections: Gabriel Poirier-Galarneau and Jean-François Couture for Robert en CharleboisScope, Robert Charlebois
- Comedy show: Infoman
- Record production company: Audiogram
- Show production company: La Tribu
- Broadcasting team: Corporation du Théâtre l’Étoile
- Radio promotion team: Torpille Promo Radio
- Web promotion team: Audiogram
- Media Relations Team: Bonsound
- Event: Montreal International Jazz Festival
- Record label: Simone Records
- Management house: La Tribu
- Album cover: Jean-Philippe Sanfaçon and Mathilde Corbeil for Mémoires, Foisy
- Sound recording and mixing: Tonio Morin Vargas for Volume 1, Flore Laurentienne
- Director: Emmanuel Éthier and Jonah Guimond for Greatest Hits Vol. 1, P’tit Belliveau
- Performance hall: L’Etoile Banque Nationale, Brossard
- Script: Les Hôtesses d´Hilaire, Pierre Guy Blanchard and Benoit Bouchard for Come with Me – L’Opéra Rock, Les Hôtesses d´Hilaire
- Sound: Christian-Adam Gilbert, Marc-André Duncan for Outside things, Salomé Leclerc