Avoid adding large amounts of creamy and greasy toppings, instead adding tasty and nutritious items.
tarheelgarden / Pexels
Nachos can be made into a really nutritious, filling, and healthy meal or snack. Although American-style nachos do not usually have the characteristics that a nutritionist would recommend since they are made with fried tortillas and bathed in orange cheese, nachos may have a better version.
We show you how to make them and share a recipe with meat, corn, beans, chili, and of course, cheese!
Simple guide to healthy nachos
They don’t need to be fried to be crispy and delicious. You can get great results if you bake them for a few minutes. These give you protein, fiber, B vitamins and iron. Avoid tortillas made with refined flours.
They can be canned beans, just be sure to check the labels to avoid excess sodium. Beans are high in protein and fiber, are also a source of iron and folate. They have no cholesterol and they are low in fats.
Choose lean meat, give a great flavor to season it with spices and chili. It is source of complete protein, vitamins and minerals that the body needs as vitamin B12 and iron.
It will give you the final touch of flavor. Add in moderate quantity and opt for those that have intense flavor and in a low fat version, like cheddar cheese. Avoid canned or bagged liquid cheese. Cheese is a source of protein and calcium.
Add your favorite vegetables like grains of corn cob, avocado Y Chile, be it peppers or jalapeños. These elements add fiber, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants. In pepper is an excellent source of vitamin C and the avocado it has fats that are healthy for your heart.
Nachos with meat
- 8 corn tortillas
- 8 ounces lean ground turkey meat (substitute for plant-based product)
- 1 cup of bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion and 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup low sodium pinto beans
- 1 cup of corn kernels
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- Olive oil
- Varnish the corn tortillas with the olive oil. Cut the tortillas into quarters and then into eighths.
- Bake the tortilla triangles at 425 ° F for 10-15 minutes.
- Cook the turkey with a little olive oil for 5 minutes in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes. Add the 2 garlic and cook for 1 minute. Drain the excess water and add the chili powder.
Now to assemble the nachos!
Add the beans to the tortilla tray, the meat, the peppers, the corn kernels and the cheese.
Bake 425 ° F just enough to slightly melt the cheese.
Add a few pieces of avocado if you wish and enjoy!
It may interest you: