Golf: the world No.1 gives up a second tournament because of Covid-19

[ad_1]

World number 1 in golf, American Dustin Johnson, who tested positive for the coronavirus, had to give up participating in the ZoZo Championship in Los Angeles, the second tournament he was forced to forfeit.

The 36-year-old, recovering from the virus, is still not feeling strong enough to return to competition, said agent David Winkle.

“Although he is feeling a lot better, he is still a little weak and it will be better for him to wait and resume in Houston,” Winkle told the trade magazine. Golfweek.

The American player had already given up last week at the CJ Cup, an event on the American circuit (PGA Tour), in Las Vegas.

If he recovers enough, he could return to the course for the Houston Open at Memorial Park Golf Course November 5-8.

Due to the pandemic, the ZoZo Championship has been moved to the Sherwood Country Club, near Los Angeles, after a debut last year in Japan. Tiger Woods had won the previous edition.

The next PGA Tour tournament, the Bermuda Championship, will take place from October 29 to November 1.

Johnson, the 2016 US Open winner, rose to world number one after his August victory at the Northern Trust tournament.

[ad_2]

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *