Chelsea were involved in a pulsating 3-3 draw against Southampton on Saturday, with many fans once again excited by the attacking potential while also concerned by the defensive vulnerabilities.
It is inevitable that the Blues will consider freshening up their options in the January window should the opportunities arise, particularly defensively.
There are also a number of peripheral figures at the club who were not moved on in the summer window, and the possibility of their exits will once again arise.
With that in mind, here are the latest Chelsea transfer rumours as clubs begin to look ahead to the January transfer window.
It has been a hectic season so far – so make sure you don’t miss a single thing by signing up for the brilliant new Mirror Football newsletter!
All the latest transfer news and big stories will land straight into your inbox. You won’t miss out.
To sign up, put your email at the top of this article or follow the instructions on this link.
Chelsea-linked Dybala unhappy at Juventus
Juventus forward Paulo Dybala is unhappy at the club and Chelsea are said to be monitoring his situation ahead of a potential move.
The Argentine has not yet featured under new boss Andrea Pirlo and was again an unused substitute during the weekend draw at Crotone.
Dybala made his displeasure known to Juve’s chief football officer Fabio Paratici at the weekend, per Tuttosport, and his future now appears to be increasingly uncertain.
And Tutto Mercato Web claims the Blues are keeping close tabs on Dybala’s situation in Turin despite bringing in an array of attacking talent this summer.
Barkley tipped for permanent switch
Ross Barkley has thrived on loan at Aston Villa since his loan switch from Chelsea and Tim Sherwood believes the move will be made permanent.
The midfielder scored a late winner for Villa in Sunday’s Premier League encounter with Leicester City, having thrived in the 7-2 win over Liverpool prior to the international break.
“Chelsea want to give you someone like Ross Barkley for nothing, apart from his wages,” he told talkSPORT as per The Boot Room.
“I can’t see him going back to Chelsea now. I think he will sign permanently for Villa. Huge football club and seems like he’s enjoying the platform he’s been given.”
Everton rejected Rudiger chance
Everton turned down the opportunity to sign Antonio Rudiger on a loan deal from Chelsea before the transfer window closed, according to The Athletic.
The German international had been made available by the Blues following the arrival of Thiago Silva, but no deal materialised.
It is said the £5million loan fee demanded by Chelsea alongside the player’s £150k-a-week wages put Everton off making an offer.
No Kante exit
Chelsea midfielder N’Golo Kante was linked with a summer exit but remained at Stamford Bridge, and a report in The Daily Star now claims he has no intentions of leaving the Blues.
It has been reported that the 29-year-old sees his future at Chelsea despite being linked with moves to the likes of Inter and Real Madrid.
The 2018 World Cup winner looks set to stay at the Blues, whom he helped to the 2017 Premier League title, for the long term.
* Sign up to the Mirror Football email here for the latest news and transfer gossip