Discover how simple and delicious it is to mix sausages, potatoes and beer. The perfect golden and juicy snack for the weekend
This rich beer potato sausage stew will be ready in less than 15 minutes.
Photo by Royston D souza from Pexels / Pexels
For the days when we have little creativity and ingredients at home, this dish is the perfect appetizer that will get you out of a lot of trouble. It is made with few inputs, which you surely have at home and is the most easy to cook. The sausages are from most popular and accessible cold cuts that we have on hand and are made based on minced meat, generally of pork, beef, turkey or veal, are seasoned with salt, spices and stuffed into the animal’s gut or intestines.
Among the great qualities of sausages is their immense versatility, regardless of the variant are delicious and accessible; It is also a food that is characterized by its good conservation. While they are perfect for eat alone and with delicious garnishesThey are so noble that they lend themselves to create all kinds of combinations.
This recipe is delicious and ideal for game days, movies or as a snack at any meeting, it is very economical and satisfying. Without a doubt mixing them with potatoes is a success, however the star ingredient of this dish is the beer that gives it a touch unmatched and makes the stew be juicy and full of flavors. Dare to prepare this simple and rich stew, which will be ready in less than 20 minutes and it is the easiest thing in the world. A rich unpretentious recipe, perfect to enjoy the weekend and without affecting your pocket.
Sausage and Potato Stew Recipe:
- 3 potatoes
- 500 grams of sausages, you can use any variant
- 1 small onion
- 1 large glass of beer
- Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of thyme powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the potatoes well, chop them into small squares and soak them in plenty of fresh water. Then drain and dry them with a clean cloth.
- In a medium skillet add over medium heatAdd enough olive oil and when it is very hot add the potato cubes. Allow them to fry and be well browned, when they are ready remove them and place them on a large plate absorbent paper.
- Later you must cut the sausages into three pieces Y fry them in the same skillet as the potatoes. When they start to brown, add the onion cut into fine julienne strips and allow the ingredients to incorporate and brown. This step will take approximately 5 minutes.
- The next step is to add the beer and mix everything well. Allow the ingredients to absorb the flavors and the beer to reduce, over medium heat for 15 minutes. There should be a thick texture on the bottom.
- Finish by adding the fries, stewed with sausages and onion. Season with salt and pepper, mix all the ingredients well and cook over medium heat for 5 more minutes.
- Enjoy with a cold beer.