Most of the bank workers across the country will go on strike on 31 January and 1 February with their demands. At the same time, banks will remain closed due to Sunday on February 2. Continuously, the work will be affected due to the bank being closed for three days, while the cash shortage may also increase in ATM. However, net banking is likely to function normally during the strike. Earlier, on January 8, around 6 bank unions had gone on strike along with Bharat Bandh, most of the banks were closed on that day and those which were open also affected the functioning.
Strike will be held every month if demands not fulfilled
Bank unions say that if no decision is taken by March on their demand, the bank employees will go on indefinite strike from 1 April. The unions have also decided to go on strike for three consecutive days on 11, 12 and 13 March.
These are the demands of bank unions
- The salary should be increased by at least 20 percent.
- Banks should work only 5 days a week. Special allowances should be added to basic pay.
- NPS should be abolished.
- The pension received by the family should be improved.
- Distribution of Staff Welfare Fund on the basis of operating profit.
- Retirement benefits should be excluded from income tax.
- There should be equal pay for contracts and business correspondents.