- Brazil’s President Jair Bolsonaro will be the chief guest of the ceremony, a 90-minute parade at Rajpath.
- Chinook and Apache helicopters in the Air Force will join fly past on Rajpath for the first time.
- This time in Republic Day parade, 20 tableaux of 16 states and union territories will be seen on the Rajpath.
NEW DELHI: The 71st Republic Day celebrations will be celebrated on Sunday at Rajpath in Delhi. This time the President of Brazil, Jair Bolsonaro, will be the chief guest of the ceremony. This year, the 90-minute parade will be the main attraction of Anti-Satellite Weapons (SAT) – Mission Shakti developed by DRDO. Air Force Chinooks and Apache helicopters are also included in the parade for the first time.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will pay tribute to the martyrs at the National War Memorial at the beginning of Republic Day celebrations. This is the first time that Prime Minister Amar Jawan Jyoti will not go to the National War Memorial near India Gate. According to tradition, President Ramnath Kovind will hoist the flag, followed by a 21-gun salute during the national anthem.
20 tableaux from 16 states will be seen on Rajpath
Lieutenant General Asit Mistry will lead the parade, while Major General Alok Kaskar will be the second parade commander. Behind them will be the contingent of Paramvir Chakra, Ashok Chakra and Vir Chakra winner. This time, 20 walks from 16 states / union territories will be seen on Rajpath. Apart from this, there will be 6 other vaults of different departments, in which the cultural and economic progress of the country will be seen.
Military strength will also be seen in the parade on Rajpath
- Anti Satellite Weapons (SAT) – developed by DRDO – will be the highlight of the Mission Shakti Parade. Apart from this, Air Defense Tactical Control Radar (ADTCR) will be another attraction of DRDO. Other Combat Vehicles, including the Bhishma Tank of the Army, will be involved in the parade of Chinook and Apache helicopters, Akash and Astra Missile Systems, which joined the Air Force last year.
- For the first time, a contingent of Army Air Defense personnel will step on the Rajpath. Apart from this, a contingent of women bikers of CRPF under the leadership of Inspector Seema Nag will perform for the first time.
Fly past will include 45 aircraft
- The fly past will include 41 aircraft of the Air Force and 4 helicopters of the Army Aviation Wing during the ceremony. There will be 16 fighter jets, 10 transport aircraft and 19 helicopters. The fly past will be in two stages. Leading the parade, the Mi-15 and V-5 helicopters would first fly in the “Y” formation. It is also known as wine glass formation. After this, 4 helicopters of Army Aviation Wing will fly in “Dhruv” formation.
- After the parade, the Air Force’s 3 Mk-5 WSI choppers will first fly in the “Vic” formation in the second part of the fly past. After this, 3 Chinooks will also fly in “Vic” formation, then 3 C-130J Super Hercules fly past. 3 Sukhoi-30 MKIs will fly in “Eye” formation, 3 C-17 Globemasters in “Globe” formation. Apart from this, 5 Jaguars, 5 MiG-29, 3 Sukhois will fly in “Trishul” formation. Finally, Sukhoi will fly from Rashtrapati Bhavan to India Gate in “Vertical Charlie” Formation.